One of the things we enjoyed during our childhood was the Summer vacations. As kids, we countdown to our summer holidays to visit grandma’s place, not just to play, but just to fuel our batteries with the ice creams.
The croak sound ‘pom pom or awooah awooh’ from an ice cream cart was enough to gather almost every children and adults in the neighborhood.
The icecream-wallah used to be a regular in our locality and a saviour during summer vacations. Rushing to the ice cream vandi first, to pick out the classic kutchi ice creams Semiya ice (Vermicelli Popsicle)/ Paal ice (Milk Popsicle)/ Rose ice (Rose Popsicle), comparing the color stains on our tongue, they were a joyous part of our lives. The 25-50 paise would eventually make our day!!!
Then came Arun Icecream, Kwality Walls and Baskin Robbins bringing about a change with their softy ice creams with a variety of flavours. There was simply no comparison to any brand bought from the store now-a days, those kutchi ice was so much better, the taste -aaah!!!!
Vermicelli Milk Popsicle will be the childhood memory for most of us. It had almost come to an extinct.
Summer vacations are about to start next week. This homemade vermicilli popsicle recipe will be very handy on this summer.
Serves : 4-6
- 2 cups Milk, Full Fat
- 1/6 cup Semiya
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Drop of Vanilla Essence (optional)
HOW TO MAKE Vermicilli Popsicle
- Dry roast semiya till it slightly changes to golden brown. (I have used roasted vermicelli here).
- Boil milk, add roasted semiya and cook for 5 minutes.
- When the vermicelli becomes soft, add sugar and simmer until it is creamy.
- Add a drop of vanilla essence and stir well.
- Switch off and allow it to cool completely.
- Now pour the vermicelli milk mixture into popsicle mold (3/4th of the mold) and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- After 8 hours, run the bottom of the popsicle in water for 5 seconds and demold them.
- Serve it immediately
- After pouring the mixture, stir it well, so that the vermicelli doesn’t get settled at the bottom.
- You can add Condensed milk instead of Sugar for more creamier version.
- If using icecream sticks, cover with an aluminium wrap/foil, prick with a knife and just insert it.
- Essences (Vanilla, Rose), Cardamom powder can also be used, but are optional.
If you like this recipe, Do not forget to rate us at the end of the post.
Did you make this recipe? If yes, do let me know how it turned out in the comments below. Do share a picture on instagram with hashtag #CookedFromHungrystomach and tag us @hungry__stomach