Pepper Chicken Masala or Murgh Kali Mirch is a delicious recipe that is cooked with loads of freshly ground Black Peppercorns.
With aromatic chicken pieces swimming in an incredible sauce, this Pepper Chicken Masala recipe is one of the best you will try!
The combination of right spices going into this tomato based curry is so perfect that explode the curry with flavour. You can adjust the amount of black peppercorns to suit your spice preference.
There are many many ways a pepper chicken masala can be made. This is one of the most simple, home style pepper chicken recipe for beginners.
The BEST side is hot and fresh Ghee rice and Chapathi/Rotis. For the best charred results, use a well seasoned cast iron skillet if you have one.
Author: Nathiya Adiseshan
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
For the spice masala
- 3 tsp Black peppercorns
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
- an inch Cinnamon
- 3 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom pods
- Star Anise
- 500 gms, Chicken legs
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Fennel seeds
- a sprig of Curry leaves
- 2 cup Onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup Tomato, paste/ finely chopped
- 2 Green chillies, slit
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Redchilli powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Roasted Cashew nuts, garnishing
How do you make pepper chicken masala?
- Powder the ingredients mentioned above into a fine powder. Keep aside.
- Chicken legs can be substituted, but chicken thighs are highly recommended here.
- Pour in water to thin out the sauce, if needed.
- Watch carefully when you add red chilli powder, check out for spiciness.