Having easy access to the southern coastline, fish makes a prominent feature in my hometown. You can savour a lip-smacking range of fish preparations with the available varieties that make mealtime an extremely satisfying affair.
An easy everyday fish curry with shallots and coconut.
The best part is many recipes here have Coconut as the key ingredient. It adds an excellent taste and flavor to the dishes. Traditionally it’s cooked in an earthen pot, where the fish is cooked in spicy gravy of shallots, tomatoes, and spices sautéed in coconut oil.
This flavorful Home Style Fish Curry has Indian inspired flavours and is quick enough for a satisfying meal. This delicately-flavored dish can be served with the white rice or even idli, dosas.
I have one more fish curry recipe, Kanyakumari Style Varutharacha Fish Curryhttp://hungry-stomach.com/ in my blog which is really tasty too.
Cooking Time : 40 mins
Serves : 3-4
For the paste
- 1 cup shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup Coconut, grated
For the curry
- 500 grams Tuna (Kingfish or any variety)
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 inch Ginger, chopped
- 5 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium Tomato (chopped or ground to a paste)
- 3 tablespoon Chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon Coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup Aubergine/Brinjal, chopped
- 1 Tamarind (marble sized Ball)
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
- Handful Curry Leaves