Last Week when I was making a surprise dinner for my hero, I was running out of time to make a dessert (I know, its my poor planning), but I saved the day by making this delicious burfi.
The dessert recipe I am sharing here is full of the creamy wholesome goodness of fresh coconut and brown bread. As your teeth breakthrough the burfi, the coconut gives it a satisfying snap, and its a mouthful of bliss. To make this dessert even more healthier, I have used brown sugar but you can use either regular sugar or condensed milk according to your taste, with both sweeteners it tastes great.
- 4 slices Brown Bread
- 1.5 cup Milk
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Coconut, grated/dessicated
- 3 tablespoon Ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
This is how you make this burfi!
- Blend the brown bread into crumbs. Soak it in milk and set aside for ten minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Roast Coconut in low flame for three minutes.
- Add in sugar. Let it melt completely.
- Add soaked bread mixture. Stir and continue to cook till the milk gets evaporated.
- Add ghee and continue to stir.
- Add in cardamom powder, cashews and raisins. Mix well.
- Once if starts to leave from the edges of the pan, switch off.
- Transfer into a tray. Allow it to cool. Cut into desired shapes.
- Garnish with dry fruits of your choice.
- Place it in an airtight container and store it in refrigerator.
- Consume within 2-3 days.
- Condensed milk also can be used as a substitute for sugar.